Yes I know the name of this is a mouthful – but there’s a LOT going on in this dish – however it is worth the effort. Even though this calls for tons of spinach – don’t be afraid, baby spinach literally wilts and disappears in the pan. If you are up for the effort, this dish is full of flavor while still being quite light. This is a nice spin on the lemon garlic shrimp pasta I’m so fond of making.
Instructions To Make this Shrimp Pasta:
Nothing special needed
- Cut your lemons in half and squeeze out as much juice as you can into a cup. Use a sieve to remove the pulp and seeds.
- Slice your sundried tomatoes into thin strips
- Rinse your baby spinach and put them in a bowl
- Rinse your baby tomatoes and cut in half
- Peel and devein your shrimp
- Heat your pan to medium heat
- Put the butter in the pan
- Once it begins to sizzle, add garlic, mix well
- After 3-4 minutes and add the shrimp
- Cook for 6-7 minutes and add the lemon juice
- Add your salt and black pepper to taste (it’s ok if it’s a bit salty as the pasta will dilute this)
- Cook for another 6-7 minutes
- Start boiling your water for your pasta
- When it’s boiling, go ahead and cook your linguini to instructions.
- Once cooked, set the linguini aside.
- Heat the second pan – Note you can do this as the pasta cooks
- Add a tablespoon of butter
- Add the halved tomatoes
- Cook on high for about 10 minutes until they begin to sear
- Add the strips of sundried tomatoes
- Cook for another 5 minutes
- Back to the first pan : Add the baby spinach on top of the shrimp. Make sure the pasta is done and drained.
- Mix and toss for just 3 – 5 minutes. You want them to wilt but not completely wither.
- Add the pasta to the pan and mix
- Once fully mixed, add the tomatoes from the second pan
- Mix again
- Garnish with basil
- Garnish with parmesan cheese , red pepper flakes and parsley (optional) and devour your shrimp pasta
Cherry tomatoes – 2/3 cup
Sun Dried Tomatoes – 1 cup
2 cups of baby spinach –
Garlic – 2 tablespoons minced
Lemon – 2 lemons
Black Pepper – 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ground
Salt – 2 tablespoons
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Parmesan cheese – 3/4 cup shredded
Red Pepper Flakes – To garnish
Basil – 1 cup cut into thin strips
Parsley – 1 tablespoon minced ( to garnish)