So I have to be honest – I’m not a big breakfast person – however I saw an article that had a picture of an award-winning breakfast sandwich and I absolutely had to try making one. I decided to do mine with smoked salmon in the egg. After dropping off my kid at daycare, I got the raving for a good breakfast. This was all fine and dandy except I realized that none of the local breakfast spots would do justice to the craving. I stopped by the grocery store, picked up a few things and decided to embark on this breakfast cooking adventure.
You will need 3 frying pans, a mixing bowl and a whisk for this dish.
- Make sure you start with 2 fresh croissants. You can use a bread knife to cut them open like a sandwich. Set them aside.
- Put your 4 eggs in a bowl, add your milk , add your black pepper and add your salt. Beat the eggs by hand with the whisk until well mixed.
- Cut your smoked salmon into slices.
- Cut your parsley into pieces small enough to use as a garnish and set aside
- Clean your button mushrooms and set aside
- Shave your cheese until you have about 2 teaspoons.
- Heat your 3 frying pans. Add a pat of butter to 2 of the pans but not to the one for the bacon.
- Once heated, add your bacon rashers to one pan and begin cooking them. Cook them until they are crispy on both sides.
- Add your mixed eggs to the second pan and cook them halfway through. I did mine similar to scrambled eggs. Once the eggs are half way, add your salmon and continue to scramble. I should note – I scramble gently with a spatula. You want them to still hold together.
- Add your button mushrooms to the third pan and add salt & black pepper to taste
- When your bacon is done, wrap them in a paper towel to remove any extra grease and set aside.
- When your mushrooms are done – simply remove them from heat and set aside.
- When your eggs are done, put half of the scramble mix inside of each croissant
- Lay 2 pieces of bacon on each sandwich
- Sprinkle your shaved cheese over the bacon
- Add your parsley garnish and your sandwich is complete.
- Serve with extra rashers of bacon on the side and the button mushrooms.