I came up with this after ordering a steak sandwich at a food market. As often, it was good – but I was dying to see what it would taste like at home.
- 1 cutting board
- 1 large pan
- 1 large knife
- Sprinkle the salt and black pepper on your steak
- Grill your steak to medium rare to Medium
Note – I’m fully aware that I have NO IDEA what cut this is. I think the butcher at the grocery store was feeling creative 🙂 Don’t forget to trim off any unwanted fat.
- Cut your ciabatta buns in half
- Slice your onion into rings
- Cut 4 slices of tomato
- Spread 1 teaspoon of your dijon mustard onto the bottom slice of the ciabatta bun
- Cut 4-5 slices of the steak
- Place the steak on top of the mustard
- Add 2 – 3 onion rings
- Add 2 slices of your cheese
- Add 2 slices of tomato
- Grind some black pepper on top
- Add 1-2 slices of butter lettuce
- You can add an optional spread of dijon mustard
- Top the bun – and you’re done!