This is another recipe trying to turn store bought pizza bases into something we actually want to eat. Instead of pepperoni (which I simply can’t find in Cape Town), I’m using Chorizo. While it’s not an exact substitute – at least it looks right and tastes ok hehe!
- 1 large knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 cheese grater
- 1 pizza slicer ( although a good knife can work too )
Preheat your oven to 415 F / 215 C
Preparing the toppings
- Slice the chorizo into thin strips. You can use the pictures here for reference. You don’t want thick strips or you still struggle to cut them
- Cut a third off of your onion. Dice that.
- Pull 8 basil leaves off of your basil bunch.
- Slice your mushrooms into small pieces
- Grate your mozzarella (medium)
- Grate your parmesan ( fine)
Topping the Pizza
- Sprinkle your grated mozzarella across the base.
- You can modify the amount of cheese based on your preferences
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the Parmesan Cheese across the base.
- Place the chorizo around the pizza
- Sprinkle the red onions across the pizza
- Place the basil around the pizza
- Place the mushrooms around the pizza. It should look like this :
Baking the Pizza
- Not much to say here – but follow your pizza base instructions to bake. Mine go for about 11 minutes at 215 degrees celsius (415 F)
- Bake it until the cheese just begins to brown
Here’s what you get: